Line Dance teaches routines danced to a wide variety of music including latin, waltz, jazz, funk, pop, rumba, celtic and country. It is a great way to learn dance whilst enjoying a low impact physical and mental workout. Suitable for all ages, (8 to 80+), and all levels, no partner required.
Since I began line dancing in 1997, I have watched the scene change radically. For me personally, gone are the days when I used to religiously wear my cowboy boots and stetson, the styles of music and dance genre have changed, the dance wear has changed and I have embraced these changes and moved forward with them.
* enjoy days and evenings of social dancing
days and weekends away
* no age limit
* average 5,300 steps of the recommended 10,000 steps per day in just one class
* classed are tailored to the level and abilities of the group
* available for one off workshops, disco's and events
Benefits of Line Dancing:-
* assist in the prevention of dementia
* increase happiness and gain new friends
* reduces memory loss and keeps the brain active
* reduces stress and improves your sense of wellbeing
* improves balance and posture, reducing the risk of falls
* improves co-ordination
* strengthens the core
* good for your heart and lungs
* increases muscle strength
* strengthens bones
* helps to keep joins supple
* relieves/decreases pain associated with osteoarthritis
* helps to manage weight
*low impact form ofexercise
It doesn't seem like exercise and is
"really good fun!"
"Music is an international language and reaches everyone in one form or another."